You can map a button in MainStage to mute a sound in a layered patch.
If you are using Sunday Keys and are wanting to un-map a button that already has a mapping (like the "Phaser" button in red below, follow the below steps:
- First, go into Edit Mode and click on the button you want to re-map in the workspace. You'll also want to open up the Channel Strips if they aren't open already by clicking on the Channel Strips icon in the upper right of your screen or choosing View > Open Channel Strips and you should see an inspector populate below the workspace:
- From here, click on the mapping that is there highlighted in blue, and then press the delete key on your keyboard to delete it:
- Now, it should say unmapped and you can map it to a different function, like muting the sound.
- From here, click on the "Unmapped" Tab to change the mapping, and then click on the sound you want to add the control to:
- Then choose "mute" since you want the ability for the button to mute and un-mute the sound, and make sure the button settings are set up like you want.
- Now, check and make sure the button works as expected. When you click on the button it should mute, and when you click it again it should un-mute. If you have to do any double presses, check that in Layout Mode when you click on the button it has Type: Alternating Value