If you use Time Machine to backup your Mac, you can restore a previous version of MainStage.
- Open Finder.
- Navigate to your Applications folder and locate MainStage.
- In the Menu Bar, click on the Time Machine icon and select "Enter Time Machine"
- Use Time Machine to browse the history of your backups and find a previous version of MainStage. (For example, if you are updating to MainStage 3.5, which was released on November 12, finding a backup prior to then should be safe.)
- Select the MainStage app, and click Restore. Time Machine will move the previous version from your backup into your current file system.
- After the restore is complete, you may want to rename the restored app to help indicate the version number.
- Following the rename, the restored app can be opened by double clicking the icon. After successfully restoring a previous version of MainStage, we strongly recommend immediately creating a backup copy of the MainStage App by following the steps in this article.