It's pretty quick to create a backup copy of MainStage to have just in case you need it.
Before you update MainStage, we recommend creating a backup of your MainStage app in its current version so you can always go back if you should need to.
- Open Finder
- Navigate to your Applications folder and locate MainStage.
- Rename the MainStage app to include reference to the version number or simply "Backup".
- Right click on the app and choose "Compress..."
Once this is completed you have successfully created a backup copy of MainStage. You can now safely download a newer version of MainStage and will be able to use this backup in the future if needed.
Follow these steps in order to restore your backed up version of MainStage:
- Open Finder.
- Navigate to your Applications folder, and locate the compressed file you created in the above steps.
- Double click the .zip file to unzip. Once this is complete...
- Open the unzipped version of MainStage by double clicking it.