If you are installing Anthem Pianos: Piano in 162 for Ableton Live, check out the Anthem Pianos Installation Page for all the instructions and direct links to download Sforzando and the Piano in 162 Sample Library.
Once you have downloaded Sforzando and the Piano in 162 Sample Library, this installation video will walk you through all the steps:
Here are the same instructions contained in this video:
- First, you will need to download the free Sforzando plugin.
You can find download links to Sforzando for both Mac OS and Windows over on the Anthem Pianos: Piano in 162 for Ableton Live install page.
Pause the video now and use the appropriate link to download Sforzando for you computer. When it has finished downloading, resume watching this video.
- Locate the Sforzando plugin you just downloaded.
On a Mac, the default location will be within your Downloads folder.
Once you’ve located the Sforzando file double click it to begin the installation process.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install Sforzando.
- Next, you will need to download the Piano in 162 Sample Library.
You can find a download link to download the Piano in 162 Sample Library on the Anthem Pianos: Piano in 162 for Ableton install page. Click that link to open the Piano in 162 webpage.
On the right you will see an area titled, “Download Links.” We recommend using the Direct Download (Donationware) option because it is the easiest to use.
Just note that you will need to donate $1.00 in order to use this easy link- in our experience, it is well worth the one dollar to use this link. Alternatively, you could use the BitTorrent Download (dash) SFZ link to download the library for free. But… you will need to be familiar with using a Torrent Client and downloading Torrent files in order to use this link.
After filling out the form, you can download the Piano in 162 Sample Library file. Locate the Piano in 162 file you downloaded, and then unzip the file. If you’re on a Mac, just double click the zipped file to unzip it. If you’re on Windows, right click the zipped file and choose “Extract All”.
Note that some Mac’s will automatically unzip the file when you download it. So if your file appears to already be unzipped- then thats fine too. Place the unzipped folder somewhere you’ll remember it. I like to put it in my Music folder.
- Now that you have everything downloaded, open Ableton Live. Choose File, Install Pack.
- After the pack is installed, you can open the set file.
A quick note: While opening the set file, if you get a plugin error message, you will need to open Ableton’s Preferences, select “Plug-ins,” and then choose to Rescan plugins.
- Now that the Set file is loaded in Ableton, open the “Close” rack. Open “Sforzando” and load in the “Close.sfz" file. You can find the “Close.sfz" file in the Piano in 162 sample library folder you downloaded earlier. Double check that Sforzando’s gain is set to 0 decibels.
- Now open the “Ambient” rack. Open Sforzando and load in the “Ambient.sfz" file. Once again, you can find the “Ambient.sfz" file in the Piano in 162 sample library folder we downloaded earlier. Double check that Sforzando’s gain is set to 0 decibels.
- Now you can save the top level instrument rack to the user library. For more help on saving to your User Library in Ableton Live, check out this article.
- Now save the Ableton Set file.
- You can now use the voice selector to scroll through the different voice presets. A quick note: if you can’t see the voice selector instrument rack, then you will need to expand the rack.