You can set up a button in MainStage so you can instantly jump to any patch in your patch list when you press it. Follow these steps to set this up:
- Add a button to your MainStage Layout by going to Layout mode and dragging a button into the Workspace. You can adjust it to make it smaller or larger.
- Load in the patch you want from the Patch Library. If you don't see the Patch Library go to View > Inspectors so it appears.
- Go to the concert level by clicking the concert name at the top of the patch list.
- Then, click on the button you want to set up. Next, in the inspector area, make sure you're on the “Unmapped” tab. Choose Actions, then Jump to Patch. Click the dropdown list next to “Button On” and choose the patch you want this favorite button to jump to. Click the dropdown list next to “Button Off” and choose the same patch again.
- This button will now instantly jump to the patch you've chosen, no matter which patch you have selected in your patch list.
For most users, this amount of functionality for your button is all you will need. However, if you’re a more advanced user, you can achieve a greater level of flexibility by adding mappings to these buttons at the patch level.
A patch level mapping will allow a button to jump to a different patch, but only while we are using a specific patch in the patch list.
For example, this button is currently set up to always jump to that first patch we set up earlier - let's use the Transparent Drive patch as an example. If I select the Transparent Drive patch, this function because somewhat useless- because I already have this patch selected.
So, for this specific patch say you want the button to jump to the Blended Drives patch instead. To do this, follow a few steps:
- With the Transparent Drive patch selected, select the Favorite button
- In the inspector area, check the “Override Concert Mapping” checkbox.
- Navigate to the Unmapped tab, and just like before, choose Actions, and then Jump to Patch.
Click the dropdown list next to “Button On” and choose the patch you want this Favorite button to jump to… the Blended Drives patch. Now, I’ll click the dropdown list next to “Button Off” and choose the same patch again.
- Now, when you have the Transparent Drive patch selected, the Favorite button will jump to the Blended Drives patch, but for every other patch the button will jump to the Transparent Drive patch.
Also, if you remove a patch that a Favorites button is mapped to- that mapping will behave erratically, so make sure to also remove the associated “Jump to” mapping as well:
- Select either the concert level or a patch- depending on which has the “Jump to” mapping.
- Click the favorite button with the mapping.
- In the inspector area, choose the Mappings tab.
- Select the “Jump to Patch” mapping so that it is highlighted in blue, and then press delete on your keyboard.