If you are having an issue with a Sunday Sounds installer, there are a couple possible reasons. There are two different types of installers for our products - one is a drag and drop installer, and the other is a custom installer that we are rolling out to all our products.
Drag and Drop Installer Issues
If you're having an issue with one of the Sunday Sounds drag and drop installers and using Catalina OS or newer then you may be experiencing a bug that was introduced by Catalina, and that has unfortunately caused issues with installers like ours all the way up to huge companies like Dropbox and the like.
In this case, you can do the installation manually or check out the video below:
- First double check the MainStage folder is in the correct location: Music > MainStage (If you can’t find the “Music” folder then open the Finder preferences, and under sidebar check the “Music” item. If the MainStage folder is not inside of your Music folder, create a new folder and label is “MainStage”
- Try the installer again.
- If it doesn’t copy over, then open the MainStage folder (Music > MainStage) from the Finder, then drag the two folders from the installer into that opened finder window.
- You should now see Sunday Keys 2020 (or whichever version you are opening) and Patch Builder folders in Music > MainStage folder now. This will match what you see in "User Patches" in the inspector in MainStage.
Customer Installer Issues:
There are a few reasons why you could receive an "Installer Failed" error message while running the custom installer for Sunday Keys 2021.
- You don't have enough space on your hard drive. You installation of Sunday Keys for MainStage requires at least 20 GB of hard drive space, and Sunday Keys for Ableton Live requires at least 35 GB of hard drive space. You'll want to be sure you aren't super close to that limit. This is the most common reason you might receive that error and clearing up space should correct it. We recommend you move other files to an external drive or cloud storage if you need to, it's best for your music files to stay on your computer's hard drive if at all possible so MainStage can find them. Check out this article for more.
- If you have less than 8GB of RAM it would give a warning, but shouldn’t fail the install. Sunday Keys 2021 requires at least 8 GB RAM for solid performance.
- If your OS is earlier than 10.12 it will also cause the installer to fail. You'll need to be using Sierra OS or later.
- If you are new to MainStage, you'll want to make sure you've downloaded and installed MainStage 3 from the Apple App store onto your computer. The installer needs the Music > MainStage folder there to install into, so that's needs to have been already created.
If you've checked all these things and still are receiving an "Installer Failed" error message, reach out to us and let us know what you've tried so far and also grab the log files that the installer writes. This article shows the exact steps we’d need to get those.