If you are having trouble using the Evoc plugin in MainStage (Vocoder), you'll want to check a couple things.
Are you playing keys on the keyboard and speaking into the mic at the same time? If you hold down a note or a chord, there’s no sound until you speak into the microphone.
If it's still not working for you, follow these steps:
- Create two channel strips, one for audio and the other for vocoder.
- Change the input on audio to input 1 or whatever input you have the mic connected to.
- Go to the other channel strip and go to side chain and choose the same input as that.
- If you can hear the vocoder you can delete the audio channel strip!
If it's still not working after that, please send us screenshots of these things below so we can help diagnose the problem:
- MainStage audio preferences
- Open Evoc plugin
- Entire view of edit mode while on this patch that clearly shows the channel strip and the onscreen keyboard.